View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #13
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleyboy167 View Post
No no, our breeder is amazing! She couldn't believe this happened ( and still doesn't believe it's a LS) because none of her other pups have it. Marley was the runt, and remained small, in turn caused a lot of other problems. We can't financially afford the surgery and the food seems to be cutting it (except of lately) I just wanted to try any other method that I could....to see if it helps any. I will check into milk thistle, he has an appt for his rabies shot soon! Thanks for the feedback
I would suggest you NOT get the rabies vaccine. If your baby is showing symptoms of the liver shunt, he may have a really bad reaction to the rabies shot. My Lola had her liver shunt repaired by Dr Tobias, but she is still exempt from rabies vaccine becasue it made her so ill - we almost lost her to a rabies vaccine. If the diet and meds are no longer working for your little one, the only option left may be surgery. The toxins caused by the liver shunt that are in your baby's blood stream are what is making him pace (probably due to headache, etc.) and shake...it's like poison to his little body. When the shunt is repaired, it prevents the toxins from entering his bloodstream. I know I've over- simplified what the shunt does, but that is how it was explained to me and when I heard this, I knew I had no choice but to have the shunt repaired. Good luck to you and your baby!
Lolasmom1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!