View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulusOwner View Post
Hello everyone,

We are owners of a little yorkie pup called Lulu she is 11 weeks old. We've been having a few problems and this site seems so friendly and welcoming so I thought it would be the best place to ask!

1. Peeing and Pooping.

We tried to crate train lulu as soon as we got her but she just doesn't understand what the pee mats are for a continues to go where ever she likes its not even in the same places.. She is allowed into the garden next week will this make it any easier for us? Is there any tips we could use?

2. Biting.

Lulu bites in play and when shes being loving which is all normal I gather for a puppy but some times she gets a little bit enthustatic and can bite pretty hard. We really have tried everything, Giving her toys to chew on, yelping, saying no (more on this in 3), Turning away, ignoring her we really have tried everything. I do however blow softly on the top of her head and she stops in her tracts but i've been told this is a bad idea so I have now also stopped that, I worry that she will hurt a young child if they approch her. How can I get her to stop that?!

3. The word 'No!'

Lulu doesn't understand it infact I think she thinks it means 'Lets play more!' We've tried 'Ah ah!' as well and yet it has the same affect she will stop for 2 seconds then carry on.

4. Food.

We are unsure of how many times to feed her? And how feeding her really disrupts her bowel movements. At the moment she is still on wet food mixed with dry (the dry food is crushed as the food was getting stuck in her bottom where she was not chewing the big bits!' mixed with a little water, this seems to be an okay mix for her we are just unsure how much she should have the vet said 4 times a day but not how much. This seems like a very stupid question because we should know this. Its basics and I feel very silly for asking.

5. Treats!

The treats we were giving her looked as though they were making her belly upset so we stopped now we have nothing to reward her with when she is being good, as you all already know without doubt how small yorkie puppies are what can we give her? is there any soft and very small yet no bad stuff in the treats? Everywhere i've looked the puppy treats are MASSIVE.

I'm so sorry for all the questions! I've been asking them on other websites but I having been only getting trolls answering them which has been incredibly anoying to say the least.

Any information would be so so appreciated!

Thank you all so much in advance!
Good morning LulusOwner!!

Firstly, are you from London, UK? Sorry to ask, but treat-wise I wonder if you've tried the Lily's Kitchen treats? They're totally natural, really good for them and tiny bone shaped. Also they're soft enough to break in half, if need be. A lot of people give tiny bits of cooked chicken breast or cheese etc.

We brought Harry home at 12 weeks - and garden-trained him immediately, so sorry I can't help with the pee pads! Others on here do brilliantly with them though... All I can say is - consistency is the key - once she's 'going where you want her to go' say "good wee-wee/poo-poo" while she's going then reward - eventually she'll do it on demand. She needs keeping a very close eye on at the mo, and taking to 'her spot' after napping, eating, playing, circling etc. It'll be better for her, and less frustrating for you, if you can keep her contained (ex-pen, kitchen, etc).

Food wise - I home-cook for Harry, but his favourite kibble is Royal Canin Yorkshire Terrier (they do age appropriate ones). The 'baby' one is tiny and actually smells quite delicious... There are quite specific instructions on the back of the food bags, depending on her weight.

Good luck with it all, and never feel yucky about asking questions - we've all had to learn and everybody here is so lovely, and willing to help! Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!