View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleyboy167 View Post
No no, our breeder is amazing! She couldn't believe this happened ( and still doesn't believe it's a LS) because none of her other pups have it. Marley was the runt, and remained small, in turn caused a lot of other problems. We can't financially afford the surgery and the food seems to be cutting it (except of lately) I just wanted to try any other method that I could....to see if it helps any. I will check into milk thistle, he has an appt for his rabies shot soon! Thanks for the feedback
A really good breeder would return the purchase price to pay for the cost of the surgery. As Yorkiemom1 says, "how she handles the situation determines what kind of a breeder she is". I'm sorry you are going through this, but your breeder does have a responsibility to the dogs she produces. Some dogs are small because of hereditary reasons, and others are small due to health problems such as liver shunt. Your breeder should have been aware of that, and suggested you get testing at 16 weeks. I'm also concerned about the rabies shot, haven't you had one already? Many people say the 1 year shot lasts as long as the 3 year shot. Are you sure you need this? I think I would do more research on the matter. A rabies shot has to be hard on the liver, and your dog probably isn't around very much wild life anyway is he?

Join today and remove this ad!