View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #3
aimee
The Royal Mommy
Donating Member

Hi Melanie -

I think you're right to be weary of someone shipping a puppy like that. It's not something I have EVER heard of. I feel iffy about shipping a puppy on airlines, I can't imagine a courier service.

If shipping is the only possible way to go, you'll want to make sure you have a good health contract, stating that if the puppy is in poor health when you recieve it (and stating what constitutes poor health) that you will either get vet bills reimbursed or a replacement puppy. I would do my research on any breeder - if you happen to find them online, run their name and kennel name through at least three different search engines to see if anyone has complained, as well as running it by the people here.

I know it's hard to find a puppy, but with patience and time, you'll find one in your price range from a breeder you feel comfortable buying from. My husband is in the Air Force, so I know how the money thing is. We saved for a long time as well as using money from our tax return for Tia (my Yorkie). It was worth the wait in the long run to be able to get the kind of puppy I wanted from a breeder I was comfortable with.

aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!