View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I am so sorry for your little boy....liver shunts can appear in ANY breeding program...it does not suggest this breeder did anything wrong or not up to par...how she handles the situation determines what kind of a breeder she is. Have you contacted your breeder....how far is she willing to go with you as far as care for baby.....you know as the breeder, she will ALWAYS be responsible for what is going on genetically with that baby....and now, we separate the wheat from the shaft. That being said, how bad is the liver shunt? Is it past the time to just do medical management with diet, etc? In my opinion, the benchmark for liver shunt surgery and care is University of Tennesee, Dr. Tobias and her excellent team. I would be making arrangements to go to UT and have Dr.Tobias establishing a plan of care. But that is just me...I jump right in and grab the bull by the horns, get parameters set, know exactly where I am in any given situation, and have a clear plan of attack. I had a friend that had used milk thistle on her baby that had end stages of LS...I dont really know if it helped as she was also using several other drugs....I give all my dogs milk thistle, just to detox their system from heart worm meds, flea, meds, worming meds in the heartworm med, etc....I know they have given milk thistle in Germany for patients with Hepatitis , with excellent results....I figure it wont hurt anything.....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!