Thread: My poor baby!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
bijoux1
YT Addict

Thanks to everyone for kind words and support! I also would NEVER allow my tiny dogs down by people fishing much less children... Is essentially a disaster waiting to happen!!! In my original post I said I left alot out and I did. I said I couldn't take her bc I had dogs w me and an adult offered to watch the dogs. I went over to pleeeeez not let them outside.. I had already taken them out to potty and they'd be fine for 15 minutes. Long story short it was about two minutes before I heard the back door shut and someone jumping in pool... Imagine my surprise when I hear voices behind us and it is who volunteered and agreed to watch the dogs!!
Anyway, for lack of space I will leave out all details but everything happened in a flash... I had been working w my dog all day on touch command w kids to alleviate his fear of other people and work on teaching him people were. Safe and not scary!! Well when she had dropped hook and bacon she dropped to ground to pick it up and did but had it in her open hand which is also touch command... And we had been doing touch and then rewarding w treat so I know that my baby thought he hit the goldmine w his treat in this particular "touch"!

Unfortunately it's exactly what I had been teaching him to do w them all day!! It's certainly not my niece's fault, and it was an accident bc she wasn't trying to give it to him... However, I would NEVER even for fifteen or five minutes have gone out there if I had for one second thought that my dogs wouldn't be watched!!!!!

I was so angry I was crying! He is my baby, and I would do anything to protect him.., had anyone said hey we can't watch him, I could have driven him home... Gotten the kennel out of the car etc etc.... I didn't put them in the kennel bc people were n den sitting watching tv and holding and playing w them... So I genuinely thought everything would be ok for fifteen minutes. **

Because I am more than a little hyper aware about my furbabies and the many possibilities of what could happen in a mere second. Everyone thought I was so over the top when I realized they were out but I don't think they think that any more. *

Yes!!! While typing vet just called and my baby is doing wonderfully!!! I am leaving now to go see him!!
*Sorry for all venting this was just horrific!! I knew of all the possible complications and it's scary to not know! Plus I didn't know if he was in pain when this happened. We were a good thirty minutes from LSU, but let's just say I made it in a whole lot less than that last night!!!

Hoping he can come home w me!!!

Between all in past two weeks.... Regular vet made fairly large mistake w vaccines on my smallest dog.. She as a result, was extremely sick for almost a week...The hawk and snake sitings all within days... And now this... I am more than a little frazzled!!
bijoux1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!