View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #57
dpatt
Yorkie Yakker

I used to work for a company that only hired disabled people. There were close to 1000 people employed there and a lot of them had service dogs. I worked right next to a girl that had a golden retriever named Zeke, sweetest thing. One day Susan worked in a different area and Zeke was under the table sleeping on his rug. She moved and he saw her that was ok, but then she moved again and he didn't see her. All of a sudden he woke up and she was gone! He went Ballistic and started running up and down the rows of tables looking for her, no one could catch him, he was in a panic - he found her and all was well. These dogs are trained to give their life for one person and nothing else matters. I would say yes your little guy was some ones service dog and possibly that person passed away... maybe? How devastating for this little guy. but thanks to the Lord he now has you. That's why he didn't relate to the other family and their dogs, he's not a family pet, he's a guardian angel. I too have a guardian angel and I am so happy to think you both found each other - with a little divine help! Get him all his ID stuff and register him with your states Service Dog Registry and please try to take him with you where ever you go - he been programmed not to let you out of his site. There are a lot of site for service dog owners that can answer your questions, check them out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!