View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

You know, when we call vets and they do not respond appropriately, it very easily can end up costing us our baby's life....the sad thing is, we put our trust in them, we expect them to KNOW what is happening.....a while back, I took a tremendous amount of negative heat because I personally will call my new owner's vet and speak with them, just to see if I feel they are adept and knowledgable working with small dogs. People were stunned and amazed and very hostile that I did this. When breeders and rescue people have been doing this for sooooo many years, fact is, we KNOW a tremendous amout about what to do and what not to do, what can be looked over and what needs immediate attention. You had no idea the information the vet was giving you was totally inappropriate....you had trusted this vet and he held your baby's life in his hands....and he fumbled. THIS is why I question the vets who my people place their baby's life in their hands. I can only recommend my owners maybe find another vet, I can not MAKE them do it....but I can get a very good idea how safe MY baby will be, going to this vet. So, if you ever have a breeder that seems to be getting all involved with your vet business, dont judge her harshly...it could very well save your babys life. ANYTIME YOU HAVE BLOOD COMING FROM YOUR BABY, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE OR HOW SLOWLY, CONSIDER IT AN EMERGENT SITUATION....IF YOU CAN NOT GET A VET CONCERNED ENOUGH TO EVEN LOOK AT THE BABY, YOU GO TO AN EMERGENCY CLINIC IMMEDIATELY (WHEN THEY OPEN, USUALLY AT 6PM) Bright red blood is lower GI bleeding...dark red/purple is higher up....more than a teaspoonful is an emergency, seek help immediately. Shame on that vet.....I am sooooo very sorry for your loss.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!