Thread: Have you ever
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

There are a lot of people who like to keep their dogs cut short and that may be part of the reason why groomers are accustomed to shaving dogs short. Your dog looks like she has a nice coat. As long as you comb her daily and keep her clean and conditioned her coat should grow back nicely.

I would not let others tell you how you want your dog to look. You know what you like. I have had the bad experience of having a groomer decide what they wanted to do with my dog without asking. I know what I want and if the groomer won't do what I want then they don't get my business. I like little long haired dogs and I don't mind doing the daily combing to keep her looking nice. She now has a grown out coat. We did cut the length a bit for summer but I would not consider having her shaved down.

If you want her coat to grow out just keep doing the dally combing now so she stays accustomed to it. I would look for a groomer that you can trust to do exactly what you want. Most of the chain stores are trained there at the store and if you get a bad cut they really don't care. If you can find someone who specializes in small long haired dogs that would be a plus but always check them out well before you decide to let them get their hands on your baby.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!