Thread: Stud
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
sapo1009
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Different breeders breed differently....I can tell you how I do my males...I do NOT skip a day between breedings. I breed 3 consecutive days in a row. My reason is because if she gets pregnant on the first day of breeding, and the second day and third day, she will go into labor on about 63 days from the first breeding...theoretically. If she goes into labor on day 63, the puppy conceived on the 3rd day of breeding will only be 3 days less mature in development, than the baby conceived on day 1 of breeding. If you skip a day between breeding, that moves the maturity differences up to 4-5 days....and that makes a lot of difference, especially if the litter comes a couple days early...that makes the babies conceived on the last day of breeding WAY premature and your mortality rate jumps significantly. This is how I do it and the reasons behind my my actions....I garnered this information from many written resources, and my mentor showed me first hand "the proof in the pudding".
See that was my thought on it? I worried one would be too young and not as developed. My thought was many times mine go in 3 days early so if one was conceived on that last breeding they would be almost a week early. Thanks for clearing that up!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!