View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
TeriLiftandRun
Yorkie Talker

Default Potty-trained dog suddenly peeing all over the place

Is it possible that a dog can drink so much water he can't control his bladdar? My yorkie is over 1 and a hilf years old, crate and potty trained. We are in Florida, and when we came home from the noon walk his tongue was hanging out, but he didn't want any water. To get him to drink some I put a dash of tuna-juice in it. He ran over and drank what was in the bowl, about a cup and a half of water.

I had to leave and he was in his crate for about four hours at the most. When I let him out he immediately began peeing, in five different places. I took him for a walk as soon as I finished cleaning up and he did not lift his leg once to pee- but there were little droplets coming from him for a bit.

Since we came home he did not drink more, and was very calm- sat on the couch next to me. I got up to fill his chewy with his food and when I returned he had peed all over the cushion I was sitting on.

I have not yelled or discilpined him for any of these accidents, as it may have been my fault and I don't do that anyway, I just cleaned it up. Right now he is laying by my feet, and seems unusally quiet, even dejected.

Can a dog go from healthy, trained and happy to sick overnight like that, or did I just screw him up by enticing him to drink too much water? I realize waiting until tomorrow will probably answer all of this, it is just worrying me, I want him to be happy.
TeriLiftandRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!