Thread: Fishy odor??
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoALAnna View Post
You know-I wonder how many Vets actually do express the anals the right way? Out of the three Vets at the clinic that we've used forever, I have NEVER seen any of them go "in"! I wonder if it is out of ignorance, or laziness. It seems that it would be a good deal more thorough and less painful to be done the "right" way. What would be a way to suggest it, without worrying that I may be stepping on some toes? I love my Vet(s), but I have to get Neo's done so often!
Well, I have worked with human doctors for years and it would be difficult to tell one of them that they are not doing a procedure the "right way" even though you have assisted in the same procedure with so many other physicians that do things differently. Many doctors stick with a method that they learned in a text book or may have picked up while doing clinical time with other physicians. After watching so many docs do things differently I could easily see what appeared to work better but would never express an opinion of course. Many things in the medical profession are not so cut and dried as you would think.

I suppose you could ask them to do it the way you think has worked best for your dog. I'd ask the one with the best sense of humor though!
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!