View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiesMomma View Post
We haven't mentioned anything to Isaiah yet. When we took her the last time they had to take her to get a urine sample and he told us he missed her already. I am really not sure how to approach it with him. He loves Georgie but Georgie doesn't really play with him which is for the best really. At this point and for the past 3 months or so Coco doesn't either her health has declined so rapidly
Here's a review on one book: "I'll Always Love You."

Amazon.com: I'll Always Love You (9780517572658):...Amazon.com: I'll Always Love You (9780517572658):...
Quote:
A boy and his chubby hound, Elfie are the closest friends. They share developmental milestones and secrets. The gentle illustrations show the bond between the two; in one picture, the boy, then barely more than an infant mounts a toilet seat while his dog tinkles on the floor. The parallel between the two and their developmental milestones from pup to dog and from toddler to older child are beautifully chronicled.
As Elfie ages, she is no longer able to romp and play. Her stiffened joints and fatigue are taxed on her advanced age. She is taken to a kindly vet, who says that he cannot treat her, but the best thing to do is make her happy and comfortable.

Elfie eventually dies and the boy sadly buries her after openly sharing his grief. He vows that he will tell every pet he owns that he will always love that animal.

A wonderful book of healing and bonding; truly the best book dealing with the death of a pet that I have come across. I think the message of telling a loved one, human or pet that you will always love them is a lesson worth learning.
Also, I've heard some good things about, "Mr. Rogers When a Pet Dies" Amazon.com: Mr. Rogers When a Pet Dies (A Mister...Amazon.com: Mr. Rogers When a Pet Dies (A Mister... .

I think it would be a good idea to talk with Isaiah about this, I'm not sure the best way to do it, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't use the term, "put to sleep" with this age.

Join today and remove this ad!