Thread: Dinner time= ??
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraE View Post
Ummm...We have your old routine!! Our boys lay beside us with those big begging eyes... We typically will give them a small taste (depending on the dish). We dont give them more than a small bite though.... Its terrible, i know. I need to try your routine!!
You know something, I will be the first one to admit it (DH not so much) I look at those puppy dog eyes and I just melt, so I give in and shove my ice cream shake over to Peanut and let him lick all the whip cream off- I know, I know HORRIBLE, but he looks so happy LOL

In reality at the time of dinner, they WANT whatever you are eating, given they don't even know what it is, they just want it because you are eating it LOL, So I have came to my senses- Sure Peanut sits there and gives me those cute puppy dogs and and cries for a bite of something, but when I am done eating and 5 mins pass by he is over it... He doesn't give 2 craps that I didn't share, he has already moved on to bigger and better things!

That's how I look at it now- It helps ME get through the temptation of giving something that will hurt him in the end.

Having him lay in his bed is really nice- I don't have a little Yorkie using me as a bridge to get to his Daddy for bites, I don't have a Yorkie barking at me because I am not sharing, it is very peaceful! Also I think it give him some discipline, ( He never gets that) So its a Win, Win!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!