View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I don't know anyone who is a true dog lover who would say those words are ever easy to say when most of us who have been through it find it incredibly difficult to even read posts like OP's, let alone post on them or type any advice. It is so painful. It takes you back in time to that terrible place. Once one is through reliving one's own personal experience of hurt, loss, loneliness & pain and remembering those last looks & words said to those we've had to say that final goodbye to, you have to then try to help OP through the process of helping that poor dog they have posted about. It is one of the most painful things there is on YorkieTalk. Sometimes when there is just no other way, the actual decision is simple - you don't have to wrestle about what to do when you know you can't possibly put a dog through a great deal of suffering & misery when the outcome won't really change or the dog's life will be so hard to continue to live that way - but actually starting the process, getting those words out to the vet or suggesting that to someone else for their baby - those are some of the hardest words in the world to say. I find them every bit as hard to type as to say - and it does something to you having said them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!