View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #12
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Toki weighs 9 pounds but she is still a puppy at almost 10 months. Based solely on her weight, she would need either 3.5 small chicken patties from S&C, 3.5 chicken medallions from NV, or 3.6 nuggets from Primal. For her one meal, I'd just round up half the daily recommendation and make up the difference in kibble for her second meal.

So if I'm just feeding one meal a day raw, I'd need to get a new bag every 16, 24, or 32 days, respectively. Each has brand seems to have its pros and cons. Price isn't so much an issue (since I plan on only a single raw meal per day) as finding a food that will not cause any health problems or episodes. One of my most major concerns is fat content. I'm not sure if I'm overly concerned about Toki getting pancreatitis or what but raw foods seem higher in fat and she's on Fromm's Grain-free Beef Frittata Veg which also seems a little high in fat compared to other dog kibbles. It seems like most of you have had mostly positive results from switching to raw which I like to see! I just want to make sure I'm not giving Toki a diet that is too high in fat if it is something that will trigger some health episode
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!