View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #8
Roxys Mom
YT Addict

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
You know, it is so easy to say the words..."dont let her suffer, send her to Rainbow Bridge where she is free from pain and the suffering she is enduring now that her "shell" has worn out..set her spirit free, to run and play...."But the truth is, the actual following through with the decision is so brutally difficult and heartbreaking for us to make....I carry 3 poems in my purse....I have pulled them all three out on each occasion when I was faced with this decision...reading each one, over and over, trying to see that what I preach to others also applies to me...my pain is no more than anyone elses.....so while I say the words, please know I have been where you are now, as have many of us, and it hurts soooooooo deep, so jagged a tear through our heart and soul....I want to write just the last paragraph of one of the poems I carry...it was written by "A Dogs Friend in Kansas City Mo" and was printed in the newspaper many years ago...."And my friend, when I am very old and I can no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. Life is no longer a joy for me. Please see to it my life is taken gently. Cradle me as I leave on my journey. I shall leave this Earth knowing with the last breath I draw, that my fate was ALWAYS safest in your hands."
Beautiful post.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!