View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
RileyDC
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokipoki View Post
How long does it take for you to get through a bag of medallions? What are some of Riley's favorite flavors? There are so many options!
Well, Riley is between 8 & 9 pounds.... I usually give him a little over 1 1/2 medallions per meal... that with his green beans and baby carrot usually fill him up until dinner. There are 48 medallions in a bag of NV.... it will usually last me about a month, maybe a little less if I am doing raw both meals.

I have only tried the chicken and beef in the NV.....
I can't really tell which he likes better. He eats them all
so enthusiastically.

On the Primal, He has had the chicken, beef, venison, duck and Lamb. He had a Really BAD reaction to the last bag of Lamb, even though he had had it, before.... and he has eaten lamb in Acana Ranchland & Grassland...
He Broke out in really bag UGLY Red Hives.... I talked to a primal rep. and she said it may not necessarily been the Lamb but maybe one of the ingredients in the bag.... she said since he had such a bad reaction it was probably best to say away from it. So now I am really hesitant to feed him anything with Lamb. They were great though. She told me to take the bag back to the store for a full refund.

I think one of the reasons I prefer the NV is because it has more meat and less veggies than the Primal. It has 95% meat and 5% veggies.
I was also told that some dogs can be sensitive to Primal. I know Riley had some eye gunk on it.... He has no eye gunk on the NV or the Acana.

I just got an email from NV for their new Duck formula, so I am thinking I may try that one, next.

Last edited by RileyDC; 06-13-2012 at 06:40 PM.
RileyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!