View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Jamie Hinkle
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default excessive panting and gasping

I rescued a 3 year old yorkie that had been abused I have had her about 4 years. She has always traveled well, we own an RV and she always goes with us until about 8 months ago. While we were camping she experienced a collasped trachea. We had to take her to nearest vet er. They were able to sedate her and insert a tube and she has been ok, but when we leave the house with her or have any company she begins to pant excessively to the point of gasping. I am afraid this will lead to her trachea collasping again. The vet prescibed xanax for her but it does not help the panting it even seems to make it worse. We have put our traveling on hold temporaily but I really need help with this situation. Leaving her at home or with someone is not and option because she does the same thing when I leave her. This past weekend we took her camping, we have air conditioning and all and she stayed up all night panting and gasping and continued to do so for about 8 hours even when she slept her breathing was rapid, we cut out trip short and came straight home as soon as we got home she got on the couch and slept just fine all day. Please help she is part of the family and we so enjoy our trips together can anyone help me please, please.
Jamie Hinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!