View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #15
xFoxyx
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm really glad I came across this post. My Presley who will be 16 in August has just developed a little night blindness. He also has weakness in his front right leg. The vet says is nerve damage. So he trips alot. He can see a little, but I think its just a matter of time before he does lose all sight. He has a hard time getting off the bed a night, he is afraid to go down his stairs. He gets to the top of the stair and maybe down one, but then he panics and starts barking.

We now have 2 night lights to help him find his way, but I imagine they won't be of use for long. He's pretty good about not having to go potty. If he does he goes to the bathroom and uses a potty pad. He sleeps next to me so when he wakes up and tries to get off the bed, I am now helping him down. If I actually have to go, I will take him with me. Most of the time he goes, so we end up having a good sleep.

I've lived with a blind dog and know he will adjust (hopefully), but the process is going to heartbreaking for me.

I've had him since he was 12 weeks old. He is my baby. I'm his mama. We will get through this.
xFoxyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!