View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Rescuemomma
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamax60 View Post
My two cents:
I'd urge you to steer clear of CKC and ACA dogs. Does this breeder test their breeding stock for Liver Shunt, MVD, Luxating Patella, Collapsed Trachea, etc.? I'd choose a breeder with a good health guaranty and the parents are clear of hereditary genetic conditions. Pay now or take the risk of paying big $$ later.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...ead-first.html
Well said! I've known some really good show breeders that would give a good deal to people who spent the time to build a relationship with them BEFORE the puppies where even born, especially if they have one with a minor cosmetic fault, such as white hair or the color being a bit off or something that doesn't affect them what-so-ever as a pet, but would make them undesirable in the show ring. But most won't sell to someone that hasn't spent the time to get to know them. My best advice - Be patient! Good breeders don't like people that are in a hurry to get a puppy, and often have a wait list of 6 months to a year, because they're not over breeding or breeding just to have puppies to sell, they're breeding to improve the health and confirmation of the breed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!