View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
volumnus
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Aackkk...I found a worm.

I found a tiny white thing, like a grain of rice, only a little smaller, in my yorkie's stool. He sleeps in my bed! We could both have them. Based on what I'm reading and seeing in google images, he probably has tape worms?

I use Hartguard Plus and Frontline Plus, but I don't think either of those prevents tapeworms. I will have to give him a dewormer. I want to take care of this pronto, but the vet doesn't open until Monday.

I guess I will need to make an appointment with the doc for myself too. Sheesh. I just dropped $180 at the vet a couple of weeks ago when he had diarrhea. If it isn't one thing it's another. And yes...they checked him for worms, and he was parasite free. In fact, I have never seen either a flea or tick on him at all.

I wish I could worm him tonight. They sell a dewormer for dogs at our Tractor Supply store. On the box it says one pill per 22lbs. And it also says it's double scored for exact dosing. I am very tempted to give him half a pill. I don't want him to go all weekend. He weighs about six pounds.

Last edited by volumnus; 06-09-2012 at 04:51 PM.
volumnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!