View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
YorkieGuru
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Cry My baby might not make it :'(

My nightmare started last Saturday. My oldest yorkie, Elle, who is 6 yrs old, was throwing up and wouldn't eat. She almost seemed to be constipated, so I thought that was what was wrong with her. She didn't seem to get any better over the weekend, so I rushed her to the vet. She had a temp of 104.? and the vet ran some labs. Her liver enzymes were in the 2,300's. They kept her overnight and put her on fluids and medicine. I got to pick her up the next evening, and she seemed a little better, but not back to her old self. I followed the bland diet that I was told to feed her, and continue with her liver medicine etc..The following day I called the vet back, cause she was getting worse again. I could tell she was in pain, and once again, I rushed her to the vet. They ran her labs again, and they came back worse. Her tummy was very tight and painful, so they did an xray, and thats where my biggest fear came true. They found large amounts of calcium deposits in her, and thought they found a tumor. I was devistated. They needed to confirm by doing an ultrasound. So we drove 2 hours away, and met with the vet there, and later diagnosed her as having PANCREATITIS. But this vet can't explain the calcium deposits. Her bile duct is filled with thick bile and they have her on meds to thin it out. She is hooked up to IV's as we speak, and if I can be totally honest, I don't think I have ever been in so much pain and grief than I am right now. My vet is not very optimistic about her outcome, due to the amount of calcium deposits, her liver enzymes, and the pancreatitis causing everything to be inflamed. I can't even begin to say how much this is killing me. If anyone has a similar case, please share any info. I want to save my lil girl. She is to young to be taken away from me!! Either respond on here, or call or text me. 217-617-5983. I'm desperate to save her! Thanks, Kim
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!