View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
LadyGrace
Yorkie Talker

Cry Our very sick new puppy. HELP!?

Recently, for me and my fiance's anniversary, I was blessed with a 1.4lb 2 month puppy, whom we named Gracie, as a gift. We got Gracie home and the first two days were fine. On the third day I was showing her to my parents and my dad put her on his shoulders while he was lying down on the floor and she jumped off. The jump was a very short fall but she managed to hurt her front paw. She was limping around so we decided to take her to ER in the morning.The doctor prescribed us Metecam and said he couldn't feel any breakage of the leg. I started injecting the Metecam into her mouth as soon as we came home. I noticed Gracie had thrown up on herself in the morning and I once again called my vet. I took her to see him and he advised just simple to take her off the medicine. A few hours later nothing had changed and she kept throwing up for the next two days. I rushed her then again back to the vet and he told me she was extremely hypoglycemic. I noticed her gums and tongue were white and she had zero energy. He gave her a shot for nausea and kept her for a few hours. He told me just to force feed her 3cc of soft a/d dog food every 2-3 hours which me and my fiance have done religiously since. Now, we're noticing the vomiting has stopped but she doesn't want to eat anything still, lethargic, wobbly, urinating a lot, and looks very depressed. I baby her all the time and have went over and beyond to make our Gracie comfortable and happy. We really aren't sure what else to do. We love Gracie but all this has happened in only a weeks period we really are running out of options. Please help!
LadyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!