View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsrain View Post
The yelp filter absolutely doesn't work. Every single review I wrote got filtered so I stopped writing reviews! I know several businesses where all the reviews that looked legit got filtered, and the only reviews kept looked like they came from paranoid people with a grudge or people who appeared to be working for the company and writing an obviously fake review. It's too bad because otherwise I really liked that site and found it useful.
Exactly! I read some of our business' filtered reviews and I remembered almost each person, but bc they only had a handful of reviews they were deemed "suspicious" and were filtered.

The dumb thing is, people can still read the filtered reviews. So I can load the filtered ones and read them, and then still come to my own conclusion if I want to try out that business or not. Why don't they just leave all the reviews then?

I have to admit, I still do use yelp a lot to find new restaurants, but I don't trust the info other than hours of operation! I sometimes use chowhound, but find those people utterly pretentious!

Last edited by capt_noonie; 06-07-2012 at 11:20 AM.
capt_noonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!