View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
Katie Jo
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrosiesmom View Post
I have exactly the same problem with our nine month old Rosie. She is cute and smart in so many ways--she sits, stays, lies down, goes in her crate on command, comes when called (especially if we have a treat), cuddles, and does everything right.....except she pees in the house whenever she feels like it. She can be outside ALL DAY OR she can go out every hour, as needed, but then, she will just go off in a corner, or right in the middle of the kitchen floor, pee. It is absolutely amazing. I never had a dog like this. I am not sure I can live with this for the next 15 years, though it would break my heart not to keep her. Any advice from people who have had dogs THIS hard to housetrain? Is it likely to improve, let's say, when she is one and a half, or two, or is this just the way it it is?
The potty training thread recommended this book and I bought it (it's only $8!). It gives you a schedule to housebreak and tips. So far, so good. It's definitely worth a try and cheaper than buying new carpet
Amazon.com: How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days...Amazon.com: How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days...
Katie Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!