Thread: the car
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Zoejane
Senior Yorkie Talker

In my opinion they have to be in their own car seat fastened to their harness. When I first got my baby I held her on my lap for her first short car ride and I was a nervous wreck by the time I got home. I kep thinking, what if I am in an accident and the window breaks? She would surely get run over by another car. After that I bought a car seat and she is always fastened in. She didn't like it at first, but I put my hand over to her and she soon settled down. She still isn't in love with it and always hangs her head over the side by me, but she is fine and I feel so much safer. We have gone on 5 hour car rides and she has just gotten used to it. Maybe she would feel safer in a carrier that is strapped in? Also let her get used to the car seat in the house, put treats in it and make it a fun place. Just please make sure your baby is strapped in when riding in the car. The other thought I had was what if she decided to get on the floor under the brake pedal while I was driving. She could be crushed to death. We just have to protect our babies even if they dont like it.
Zoejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!