View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
nobach
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Abnormally Peeing A lot

I have a two year old yorkie who has recently been trained to use the restroom outside. I keep him in a crate during the day and have been for the past month. He stays in there for approximately 4-8 hours at a time. Up until now, he's been doing great.

We recently decided to adopt a new yorkie puppy. He's of course had his share of accidents, but is doing well with training. My 2 year old seemed angry at first but has started to warm up to him.

I had already taken my 2 year old yorkie outside several times the other day when I noticed him peeing by the door. He had just been out an hour prior. Yesterday morning he woke me up needing to use the restroom and when I sat him on the floor he began to pee immediately, which is unlike him. I took him outside where he continued to pee a lot.

I've made sure to stay home as much as I can to let him out more frequently. I left for an eye doctor appointment today and was gone for 2-4 hours and when I came back, he had peed in his crate. He's never peed in his crate before. I did put the new puppy in his crate for a couple of hours while I took my 2 year old to the vet (which he peed in, but I wiped it up) My two year old has even begun to pee less and less when I take him out, and seems to not have the urge.

I'm just concerned and am wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I don't know if the new puppy is confusing him, he's acting out because of the new puppy, or he may have a bladder infection. Any advice would be much appreciated!!
nobach is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!