View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAL3961 View Post
Thank you! You all have cleared my mind! Joyce, the vet suggested Benadryl and Surolan (since we already had it from our dang toe-nail debacle), but I am glad to know that if Benadryl doesn't seem to be working there are alternatives. It seems everything has escalated from this near 100s temps we've been having in Louisiana.

We are to apply Surolan 2-3Xs a day on the spots (because she said they may just be spreading because of the itching making them develop a mild staph infection) and children's Benadryl 1-2Xs a day. We do this for 2 weeks and if they don't clear up, it's something worth coming in for a visit. Let's hope and pray this 1st option will clear it all up.
You'd totally swear my dog isn't bathed, brushed, groomed, etc. with all of our health issues lately!
That's good news, I hope that the Surolan works It should start clearing up pretty quickly, as long as you can stop him from scratching, that is. Hopefully the benadryl will help with that. My babies had to get a shot though, the benadryl didn't help enough I wouldn't wait two weeks, though. If it's not better in a few days (improved somewhat) I'd call the vet back and ask for some oral antibiotics. The worse this gets, the more the meds will cost, you know? Of course I'm a worry wart

Whoa, 100 degrees? And here I've been complaining over 90's Thank God for A/C!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!