View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
In and of itself accepting paypal wouldn't necessarily be a concern, if that is the only way a deposit could be transferred from buyer to seller. When a seller accepts paypal, all major credit cards, is offering several breeds, along with mixes, is a puppy broker, uses the term "teacup" (even if only to describe the dogs size) and sells the number of dogs this breeder does, then I don't consider them ethical. They may be a "legitimate" breeder, but that doesn't make them ethical, IMO.

Finding a good breeder isn't normally an easy task it takes research and patience. I would start with attending dog shows. Although I don't think it's necessary to show dogs to be a good breeder that is generally a better place to start than searching for yorkie seller websites.

This website lists the shows for California, hopefully one near you. Attend a show with confirmation, watch the yorkies being shown and then talk to some of the breeders/handlers. Or you can find a breeder listed with the YTCA website.
InfoDog List of Pure Bred Dog Shows Held in CA
Love it!! I had asked the OP to post in this section and glad she did!! Great answer and your right, nothing legit about that greeder! The word "teacup" grrrrrrrrr
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!