View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I'm a pescatarian (also ovo-lacto, to be accurate, bc I also eat a bit of dairy/egg), for about 20 yrs now...or so? Giving up meat wasn't all that hard for me, to be honest...not sure why. Although, I still LOVE the smell of bacon -- it's such a yummy smell, to this day.

I've never had probs w/ Iron. I do take calcium 2xday, and multis. For protein, I get it from Kashi GoLean (lots of protein in that cereal!), cottage cheese, seafood. I would love to give up milk, which I only have w/ my morning espresso - but I can't find an alternate I'm happy w/ yet...I've tried almond milk, rice milk, soy milk and blah blee.
Ann, I saw a Coconut Creamer in the grocery store (Winn-Dixie) but I didn't get any. I just love my half and half, it's one thing I won't give up to cut calories I might have to give it a whirl though. I wasn't going right home that day, so I didn't want to get anything cold, it's over 90 degrees herre, it would spoil in minutes

Anyway, I would like to be a pescatarian too, but my husband insists on eating red meat a couple of times a week. Don't get me wrong, I could live without it, but I DO love it I would like to cut that back to once a month, for his health more than anything, but he's a stubborn cuss

Good luck, I think you can do it, you're already mostly there anyway! Much healthier than the typical American's diet
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!