View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
MommytoMiles
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaTallulah View Post
If you have alway feed puppy, dog and cat chow before why are you questioning it now? I would do my own research to find out why others are not recommending it and draw your own conclusions.

I would rather give mine actual meats and veggies than wet food especially not Cesars myself.

Feed what works best for you and your pets.

I feed Proplan for years my dogs did great on it but for personal reasons it no longer works for me.

I now feed FROMM to mine. Small dog = Low feed cost compared to feeding a Golden Retriever. Each of my Yorkies eats 1/4 to 1/2 cup of kibble a day. In my experience the higher the quality of dog food you get the less you must feed.

Buddy (golden) would eat +5 cups of Dog Chow when I rescued him (previous owner said he feed it) and now he eat 2 cups of FROMM daily. He would have large, smelly, loose poops several times a day on the Dog Chow but on the FROMM he generally only poops once at it is well formed and not super smelly. The FROMM seems to work well for him based on the output. His coat when I got himself was rough, thin, and dull. Now his coat is thick, soft, and very shiny.

To repeat feed what works best for you and your dog.
Yes, you can also feed doggie plain chicken, rice, and veggies. Much better than puppy chow.
MommytoMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!