View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
TrishaB
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy4 View Post
What is the Best Type of Puppy Food to Use?

I wouldnt use only canned. This is why.
Dog food is divided into three types: moist, semi-moist, and dry kibble. Among the three, the best one to use would be the dry type of puppy food because it contains more meat protein. It is also more practical, cost-effective, better for keeping the teeth clean, and easy to digest. Moist puppy food is also easy to digest, but it is more expensive and spoils more rapidly if not stored properly. In addition, moist foods are commonly composed of 75 percent water, so they contain fewer nutrients. Another concern with moist puppy food is its affect on the teeth. Its soft texture means that more of it will get in between the teeth and stay on the surface of the teeth, making them more prone to cavities.

The best option is usually to feed your puppy a combined diet of dry kibble with moist dog food. You may either mix them together or vary them from meal to meal. You can also use raw meat in combination with the dry kibble.

Secondly you get what ya pay for. Cheap food = unhealthy pet = more vet visits = more expensive in the long run.
Taste of the Wild is quite popular. Acana, Orijen (awesome but expensive as heck), Wellness, EVO, and Canidae, also tend to get good reviews and are among the more common ones found in pet stores. NEVER get food from a grocery store its poor quality and cheaper for a reason.

I do mix the cesar and puppy chow together. I don't just give her dry or moist food. I bought the puppy chow because that is what the breeder told me to get. I buy Cesar because that is what she also said she uses. I bought the food from a pet store not a grocery store. I have always fed all my pets puppy, dog or cat chow and all have been in great health.

Why is Puppy Chow bad?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!