View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 08:43 AM   #9
StewiesMom
Stewie Rox the Sox
Donating Member

The dog was AKC registered & 11 weeks old, just under 2lbs. Here's what I wrote her and her response:

XXXXX,

I have purchased a Yorkie and a Lab in the past and I have never heard of not being able to see the parents because of the chance of disease. I can understand not allowing strangers come handle your dogs, but a buyer? Thanks for your time, but I would never buy a puppy without being able to see the conditions in which it was raised and it's parents' temperment in person. I am friends with Yorkie breeders/lovers and after consulting with them, they said I should be weary of paying for a puppy whose parents I cannot see and that this seems somewhat shady.

thanks,

Kristy

That is fine that you are concerned with where you purchase your puppy. Just as I am concerned with my girls. Even if you are a buyer you are still a stanger. I give references if you like. If you will notice there is no pricing on my page. I want to talk with people before I would let them have one of one puppies. If you know some breeders then they should be able to help you find the right breeder for you. Also we have had ladies who raised puppies killed. They gained access to the person on the pretense of getting a puppy. I wish you luck on finding the right puppy. God Bless
XXXXX

I don't really understand her response about getting killed? Anyway, I am going to keep looking and hopefully won't make any impulsive decsions about contacting breeders in the future. I'm surprised I wasn't angrier in the e-mail I sent her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!