View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
Chelsie1978

I think I can help you out here because right now my 1 year old yorkie is having a false pregnancy herself.About a month ago Jess started throwing up alot and as we hadent bred her or let her come into contact with any males whilst she was in heat,our vet decided it was impossible for her to be pregnant and just diagnosed her with a sensitive tummy,he even changed her food.Then,just over a week ago I noticed what looked like lump on one of breasts and of course panicked,so we took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with having a false pregnancy,infact,the reson her breasts were so swollen was because she was now at the stage where the puppies would have been born and she was producing milk.She was also trying to nurse her toys and she seemed very depressed.
Im so sorry you didnt get an awnser on the maltese forum,I wish some people would mind their own buisness and just awnser posts where people NEED help instead of judging you and demanding an explination on why your baby isnt spayed I would go to your vet because false pregnancies CAN be dangerous,they can lead to mastitis and pyometra so its best to find out if your baby really IS having a false pregnancy and put a stop to it because it can also be very uncomfortable and sad for the bitch.Here is some very god info on false pregnancies which I found on a website and posted in another forum:
http://www.*********.com/mbbs2/forum...d=5124&posts=6
I hope Iv helped Good luck with your baby!!
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!