View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
ash04ley
Senior Yorkie Talker

UPDATE!!! I took him to the vet Friday. I was not messing around, told them i HAD to get in. Im surprised they didnt charge me for emergency visit. I just told them i would be there on my lunch from work. The vet hadnt seen it much in such a young pup. The pup had full strength, and was still eating. I am so protective of these pups. i make sure i see mamma feeding them and even check her milk production in each nipple. With four pups Im very cautious, because i dont want them to be eating..but not enough. I was never worried about hypoglycemia. He was still just as playful and had full strength in his legs. The vet checked his eyes, nothing wrong, still had good responses and full vision. His conclusion came to inner ear infection, somehow. or trauma causing brain swelling. Ill admit, i was in tears when he explained the unfortunate circumstances of brain swelling in such a young puppy. they gave him a shot of steroids, which brought more tears at his yelping. I was such a wreck. They also prescribed small doses of antibiotic. So, they were covering both possibilities. I was told that by the time i got home from work he should show slight improvement and definite progression through the weekend. If it were to be a successful treatment, he should be completely better by end of the weekend. Well, by last night, he WAS showing improvement. I gave him his second dose of antibiotic and this morning.. HES IMPROVED so much! only a slight head tilt, but not even all the time, and no more spinning. When i woke up i was so surprised to see him awake, sitting up, head straight and just adorable as ever. I cant even express my emotions at that point. Im so relieved!! I have to call the vet on monday with an update and he wants to see him early next week just for a good once over that he is, in fact , in good health. I am praying that after all this is done, he has no permanent damage. I just love him to death. poor little stinker.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!