View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
Dinokaya
Yorkie Talker

Default Never ending heat....

Hi everyone. About six weeks ago I posted about Lily bleeding a mere 2 months after her first time being in heat. People wrte back worried that it could be a uterian infection and to have her checked out. After blood tests, ultra sounds, and swabs the vet said she was definately in heat again (uncommon, but not unheard of). So...20 days passes and she's still bleedin, 30 days - all this time I am calling every few days to the vet to see if it's normal FYI it is not, but again not unheard of - after week 5 the vet sent me to a doggie gyno to have her checked out... Again , blood tests, swabs, more blood tests and another ultra sound...results were that Lily is still in the estrous -beginning part- of her heat. After much contemplation and a few calls to other vets she decided to give it another two weeks as her iron levels were good. Two more weeks have passes the heat is still going strong and still no progesterone in the blood- which apparently means no end in sight. The vet said that starting Monday we need to start giving her shots twice daily in order to force her to ovulate so that she can get over the heat and finally get fixed!

Has anyone else out there experienced anything similar...? My husband keeps joking that we got a faulty toy. He's not really as funny as he thinks he is, is he???

Thanks for any feedback!!!
Lisa, and Lily
Dinokaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!