View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #27
BarbaraM
Senior Yorkie Talker

My yorkie left a vet's office honking so loudly the doc quipped "He sounds like he needs a doggie valium" She had suggested I bring him in within a couple days to xray him (could not do it then for their machine was broken) to check for a possible soft palate issue, which I scheduled. She allowed TeddE to leave in terrible condition with me believing he had a soft palate issue, or a reverse sneeze. The honking was loud. His breathing labored. I was concerned for he was breathing so fast and would not settle down. HE CONTINUED THIS THRU OUT THE ENTIRE EVENING instead of sleeping.

We ended up at the ER and then onto the Purdue Small Animal Hospital a couple hours away. They scheduled a fluoroscopy and loaded him so full of drugs he was a little zombie. Yet he still would NOT relax.

They suggested a stent and after hearing the complications and the possibility of the stent going deeper into the lungs that would kill him, I refused and we came home.
That was in October 2011.

He is on RAW vital essentials beef patties and he lost THREE POUNDS which helps alot. His back yard has been downsized thanks to some small fencing. We have NO door bells. His walks are very short.

His groomer comes to our house. He hasn't had an incident SINCE. I do keep the big guns of his medicine close, but he takes homeopathy for asthma TWICE a day.

Healthy healing vibes for all the puppies going thru this awful terrible condition and hugs to their owners.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!