View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #24
Sweetdreams
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you so much everyone,
I took her to the vet yesterday. Here is what he said,
Her breath is bad because her baby teeth are falling out.. he pulled her two top ones out. Her adult ones are in, they just grew in around her baby ones.
She has not gained any weight or lost it either, she is still exactly one pound.
He thinks her liver is gone because he thinks she is not absorbing the nutrients.
Her head is swollen *duh* but her hearing and sight are perfect, heart is perfect.
He told us he thinks it would be in our best interest to put her down because neurogically she is doing bad. He said his report for her is poor. (It's always poor no matter where I take her)
he said she is not in pain at all.
I did tell him about the meds not working properly and also to check her acid bile. He didnt.
We told him we wanted a referal to Texas A&M and we will take our chances.
so he is calling today to get our referal and he put her on 4 meds. One for her eyes, one for the water on the brain, another to prevent water from forming, another form of steriods and a med to prevent anything from happening to her liver, stomach and kidneys while on the meds.
We want to fight as long as Ellie Mae does. She will tell us if she is ready to give up.
Am I wrong? Am I wishing for too much here? I love her so much and she knows it! She sees me and Jess and her tail goes crazy no matter how she is feeling.
Sweetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!