View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
aprilclo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile

thanks everyone. she is crate trained and she sleeps with us and will sleep in the bed for 8+ hours sometimes with no messes. she doesn't go in her crate either. yes, she is worse on mondays because we go back to work but there is someone with her 99% of the time during the week also. my husband works nights and I work days. she does better for me then him. BUT she was trained for about 2 weeks!! then she just stopped and ever since it's back and forth. I live where it is too cold and miserable for her to go outside until the spring. she will go outside also. yes, she knows "go potty" because that was how I started training her, standing by her side. (she will still do it when I tell her. that's what I tell her when I stand on the other side of the gate.) but now, that is not enough, but standing on the other side of the gate is. then she knows she can come out with us and she also immediately gets a treat and that usually works immediately. but if we are not right there every hour or so to cage her in the kitchen, she goes wherever. but why does she dart to the box sometimes and not others ... sometimes for a week she'll go correct! does this just take quite alot of time for some dogs? I have had other dogs and they were easy to get to go ... outside. but I heard some yorkies can take some time to train. maybe I'll just go back to standing right there again. I know I need to get all the members of my family to do the training the same way. my husband leaves her in there for hours until she goes becaues he doesn't feel like taking her back and forth. so does my son. I put her in for 20 minutes and if she doesn't go take her out and then try again in about 30-60 minutes until she goes and then every 1-2 hours. I have more patience then them maybe that has alot to do with it too. she's such a good girl with just about everything but this. thanks for all of your help!
aprilclo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!