View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

a yorkie might be a good fit for you, but a few things to consider. They travel well, but good chances are for your travel back home you will most likely have a LOT of trouble traveling out of the country with any pet, so don't count on that. where are you from may I ask. Lola travels with me a lot but there are a few trips where I leave her home and that is OK. Often two things will happen, your breeder, vet, or network of Yorkie friends will lead you to a person that boards yorkies or small dogs in their home, I have two here in MI and my dogs have always loved going there (no cages, they have a backyard, and they get to play with other small dogs) The other thing that could happen, is you might have a lot of friends that would love to "borrow/get their fix and keep the dog for you. I have two neighbors that almost fight over who gets Lola when we leave town. Try to find a yorkie that is at least 3 months old, if so you will have lots less problems and will know what size the yorkie will be full grown, and he/she will be better socialized and less likely to get things like hypoglycemia. Also with your schedule pee pad training should be a must. If you are planning on having a child soon, yorkies are not a good dog choice for toddlers and even until around 7 or 8. Younger ones treat them like dolls and can easily hurt or drop a yorkie without meaning to. Good luck
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!