Thread: What to do?!?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
kwhittin
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry What to do?!?

I have a six year old female yorkie, Lexi, and I am torn on what to do! I recently got married and moved into a new home with my husband. I have always lived with my parents so Lexi has been a big part of all of our lives, especially my daddy's. He retired just a year after I got Lexi for graduation, so he has been home with her everyday since then. She is not potty trained the best but is a very loving natured dog! I want to take her to my new home because I miss her very much (she is still at my parents), but I will have to do a much better job at potty training her, because I do not want my new floors messed up. I have gotten advice from several others and they all say I should crate train her. However the problem is that I do not have the heart to lock my baby up all day while I'm at work (and I work and hour from home so I can't go home at lunch and let her out like I would like to), she has been a free roaming dog since she was brought home and I don't want her to feel like she is being punished by having to stay in this crate all day. Also I feel like she will wonder what is going on when she is used to company (my daddy) all day, every day and now she will all by herself during the day. My only other option is just to leave her with my parents, but I really hate to do that! I just don't know what to do!! Any suggestions?
kwhittin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!