Thread: Vet Question??
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Why is it nothing good ever lasts??????????? Just ANOTHER issue to deal with!!! My vet sees each pet in a room, reviews the chart, gets caught up on how things are going, what the issue is today, and she give any injections, or at least she decides which one is to be given and she is in the room when any form of treatment or shot is given. How unprofessional for them to give injections out in the waiting room....at least that is what I am thinking...If I had gone to the same vet for 25 years, I would just have a chat with him and (I dont know how confrontational you are....) express some concern over the accuracy of your babies records, since the assistant was apparently NOT SEEING those 2 vaccinations on the record that had already had been given....that puts the blame on the record and NOT the assistant...not threatening, no hurt feelings.....and I would just say the pup "is having some site pain which she has never had before, possibly she squirmed when I was holding her out in the waiting room when she got that last shot...In the future, I think I want to go into a room and hold her securely on an exam table, since this has never happened before...had to be the way I was holding her when she got the shot....." There again, no blame for them, but you are getting your point made! Or you can be confrontational like me ands just say, "WHOA! I will wait until we can get in an exam room for any treatments or shots! Makes me feel less 'assembly line' like!" With the records, I would just say, "Lets look over the shot records to make sure everything is accuraste and up to date....I dont want my babies vaccinated with the same shot 3x/year!"
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!