Thread: Vet Question??
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
Roxi Ree
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Vet Question??

For 25 years I had the same vet. He and his wife owned their own practice. He performed all services on my pets himself...exams, shots, bloodwork, etc. A few years back he sold his practice to what I call more of a corporate vet office. There are 3 vets now, so you have to schedule appts around the schedule of which vet your prefer or else you have different vets everytime you come in.

Here's my dilemma...the assistants in the office give the pets their vaccinations, not the vet. Twice now in the past year I have had to stop the assistant from giving my little Roxi (2.5 pounds) a vaccination that she had already been given earlier in the year . I'm getting very frustrated. What if I was a pet parent who didn't pay attention? Also, this last time the assistant gave my Roxi her shot in the waiting room while I was holding her. She has never had any side effects of her vaccinations, but last night she was crying all night because of pain at the injection site. I'm thinking that might have not happened had she been in a room on the table.

I'm just wondering how other vet offices work. I know I was very spoilt with my first vet. I have no problems with the vets themselves. Is it time to look for another vet office?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!