View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little mama View Post
Oh the allergies.... Allie is on atopica too. I didn't see an immediate result. She was sick vomiting and diarrhea with this Med. But the vet gave me predisone. Pred with meal 2 hours later atopica for 3 days then every other day with Pred then every 3 days. I know every one is different just my experience with this. Thought we could go every 3-4 days without giving her atopica I was wrong then had go start it all over again and poor thing was sick again. Lesson learned. Been thinking about varl testing,another member here mentioned it in a post, but in the mean time atopica has really helped alot but not instantly 2 weeks maybe before I noticed hey she's not scratching anymore!!! Atopica is not cheap either, $60 a month?? Hope u can find a solution for ur baby!!
Thanks for that information. I have prednisone and I think I'll start her on it tomorrow morning...either that or the Benadryl again. I home cook but I made a change to see how it would go and it didn't go well...so, she's itchy again.

I've also been talking with a lady and she recommended 2 new dog foods...Stella and Chewy's and Darwin's. I may try them and see how she does with a raw diet.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!