View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy-yorkie View Post
I've asked before, but if anybody has any suggestions, I need them!!!

Maggie just attacked Buster AGAIN! She does this at least once a day! She will grab him by his ear (I hope it's his ear) or on his face and won't let go. She's growling when she does this, she is intending to hurt him. I know she hurts him because he cries out. This usually happens when any attention is paid to Buster. It happened Saturday when I picked them up from the groomer, the groomer was getting Buster ready to leave and I was putting the harness on Maggie (pretty innocent). It happened just now when John was petting both of them, this is the first time he saw her do it and he was shocked. It happens if anyone, at anytime pays attention to Buster and she is within biting range. She does it if you are paying attention to her at the same time or if he comes up when she is getting attention. I don't know how to discipline her, right now she's in a room by herself. Maggie goes for a dental in a while and stuff like that makes me nervous anyway and now she's in a room by herself, ugh. But, I'm afraid that she is going to really hurt Buster. So far she hasn't drawn blood, I don't want it to get to that. Buster just gets more beat down and afraid each time she does it, he literally is afraid of her. If anyone has any suggestions, please, I need them. If you know of anyone in my area that can help, I need the suggestion! I don't know what to but rehoming her is not an option!
I had/have this same issue with my first yorkie,...Sadie was 1 yr old when we got Lillie....Lillie was only 8 weeks old(I know....to young) Sadie became VERY dominant over Lillie...Lillie was a whiner and cry baby...as soon as little would cry out Sadie would pounce on her!! I mean tearing into her!! I would lift Lillie and Sadie would be hanging from her hair!! This happened A LOT when we first got Lillie...Sadie has backed off over the years (she's 7yrs old now...Lillie 6 yrs) However.....from time to time if Lillie does reverse sneezing or should whine for ANY reason Sadie goes right to her and gets that dominant stance over her...we have to pick Lillie up right away...we got a new puppy the week before Christmas...Bentley...he was 5 months old and 2.5 lbs...not a big guy...he is also a big baby....if he falls when running he will cry out...Sadie will run to him but will NOT touch him! not sure if it's because he is a male?...I spoke with my vet about this issue...she told me this is Sadies makeup...she is a very dominant dog...She is also the alpha dog....She has gotten much better....I now know what will set off this behavior so I am on guard with her and will end it before it starts....When you see this happening try laying her down and holding her there...this will make YOU the dominant one....this has worked for me...

Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!