Thread: Knee issues
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
here is what Harley's vet said today. The reason why the emergency vet said his knee is dislocated it's because it isnt but it is the typical issue small dogs have with their knees. It moves around, ( and most dogs it wont swivel like his does ) and that is why the EV said that. his hip, yeah, its gonna be sore, but he pulled a muscle. his ligament in his knee...yes, that is torn. and for right now ( it's almost as what i would call a sprain ) let's see if it heals on its own. he will develop arthritis, but he would of anyway with his age, but now more now since he has this injury. after 2 weeks, if he isnt doing / healing like the vet would like to see, then yes, surgery then.

the vet has concerns about putting Harley under for surgery, due to his age.

i then asked the vet , how much would that surgery cost. the vet said around 1,000. but that's ok, at least it wont cost 3000 like the emergency vet said or 5,000 like ppl on yorkie forum had told me.

so, it's all good. i just got to make sure he takes it easy while it heals. thank you all for your support. really meant a lot to me.

I gave you some links last night in email that you really need to read.
Here...let me give them to you again.....

ACVS - Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture

Yorkie Haven Rescue - Cranial Cruciate Ligament Tear Info
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!