View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
StewiesMom
Stewie Rox the Sox
Donating Member

Thumbs down Shady? What do you think? Puppy Mill?

I contacted a breeder in Missouri (red lights flashing... ding ding ding!!!) about a Maltese male whose pictures I fell in love with. I am not sure if I was even serious about this puppy or not, but I did it anyway. Here's the sequence of e-mails:

Hi XXXXX,

I am interested in your Maltese. Do you have his parents on the
premises? How much does he cost?
How far are you located from Chicago? That is where I live.

Thanks!

Kristy

Yes I have his parents. HE is $800. But he would have to be shipped as I am Mo. Mom is 4 pounds and Dad is 5 1/2. HE takes alot after his mom. Goid Bless XXXXX

Would I be allowed to drive to pick him up and see his parents?
Kristy

I have a picture of Sugarbear that I will attach with this email. He isn't groomed but cut pretty short. I really don't allow people to handle my dogs because of disease. It would only take one time and I could have a big problem. I know you wouldn't do it purposely but you can come in contact and carry the means of speading disease and not know it. I am an hour east of Kansas City. I could meet you part way if you decide you want him. God Bless XXXXX

Ok, what do you think? Is it common to not let the potential buyer see the pup beforehand because of disease? where is the picture of the other parent?This is strange to me.

I want to write back something intelligent and witty. Any suggestions?

If you click on the pictures, you can see them (the pictures of the mama dog)
Attached Thumbnails
Shady? What do you think? Puppy Mill?-2005sugarbear1.gif   Shady? What do you think? Puppy Mill?-2005sugarbear2.gif   Shady? What do you think? Puppy Mill?-2005sugarbearclipped.gif  

Last edited by StewiesMom; 04-13-2005 at 08:01 AM.
StewiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!