View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Tibbe is more of a night dog, often sleeping a lot during the day & totally comes "alive" at dusk/night. About 9 or 10 some nights, he gets the zoomies & runs all over the house like a lunatic. I notice he's more alert at night, listens more to sounds. But then, maybe he's just reading me - I'm more alert & aware of my surroundings when I'm out at night.

They have much better night & vision than humans according to some things I've read & perhaps that has something to do with it when they are outside. Maybe, since many cats & other critters are out evenings prowling & hunting, their scents excite dogs. And since dogs are instinctively hunters genetically, maybe their old instincts to hunt prey are more geared to night hunting when the smaller creatures that are a terrier's natural prey are coming out?

I've definitely noticed Tibbe is usually more active on nights just before & during a full moon, as he is before a storm comes. Once the storm is here, he'll often curl up & sleep out the rain & wind.

It'll be interesting so see if other's Yorkies behave the same excited way when out nights.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!