View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #14
Minniesmthr
Yorkie Yakker

Default Lost Yorkies...

About a year ago, someone climbed over my fence and took one of my tiny Yorkies. At my neighbor's suggestion, I reported it to the police, then went straight to a printing company and had large cardboard signs printed with a picture of my little dogs and a $500. reward posted. I also had flyers printed with the pictures and reward information.

On my way home, I thought to stop by a park at the end of our street. Kids seem to notice things that go on, and I approached a group of them and handed out exactly one flyer. Sure enough, one of them knew where my dog was. Whether he was involved in taking it or not, I don't know. All I know is it got my little, tiny dog back and that was all I cared about.

Since then, we have replaced the fence with an 8' wood fence that is board on board, so people cannot see through the cracks.

Cost of printing: $ 186.00
Reward: 500.00
New fence: Don't ask...

I would hope that passing out flyers and posting large signs with a picture of your missing dogs and the reward offered, might help you get someone to respond. I know that $500 is a lot to pay for a reward, but I would have paid whatever it took to get my baby back and most of you probably feel the same way... Someone somewhere will know that a new dog has appeared suddenly. And most people know these dogs are not cheap pets by any means...

My little Rose and her sister Kissi (13 and 14) passed on early this year. I only wish I could have rescued them from that, but it was not possible... My Minnie passed away 3 years ago from renal failure. Some people might be shocked at this description of loss, but it has been nearly like losing kids...

Good luck,
Cathie
Minniesmthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!